2019 FIAT 500X Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
About the FIAT 500X
Far beyond its rugged appearance, the FIAT 500X comes packed with capable performance to help you conquer even the worst weather and road conditions. A potent 1.3-liter inline I4 engine comes paired with an advanced 9-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive to let you head off the beaten path and explore. Now bolder in appearance than ever before, the 500X features redesigned front and rear fascia, headlamps, and taillamps. Thanks to standard seating for up to 5 passengers, generous cargo capacity, and new seat fabrics offered on several trim levels – the interior of the 500X is a welcome departure from your typical crossover. Optional GPS Navigation ensures that you’re always on the right path while Uconnect® Hands-Free Calling lets you keep your attention focused on the road ahead. No matter which way you look at it, the FIAT 500X is a great choice for those who live active lifestyles.
What the Critics Say
Fiat wisely chose the sporty and cute 500 as inspiration for its most mainstream vehicle, and the new 500X may very well be the best-looking Fiat you can buy in the U.S. outside of the new Fiat 124 convertible. With nice proportions and just enough hints of the smaller 500 to make it interesting, the 500X is a sharp-looking compact-crossover SUV.” — Kelley Blue Book
There’s a lot to like about the 500X. We appreciate the interior, for instance, with its user-friendly controls and uniquely fashionable style. The large piece of dash trim color matched to the interior paint is especially cool. We also like the relatively quick steering and well-controlled handling — it certainly can be fun to drive.” — Autotrader
What’s New for 2019
The FIAT 500X receives some updates and revisions for the 2019 model year. Its already bold exterior features restyled front and rear fascia along with revised headlamps, taillamps, and fog lights. Perhaps the most significant change comes from a new 1.3-liter turbocharged engine with a new nine-speed automatic that increases horsepower from last year’s model. All-wheel drive is now standard on all models. Finally, the gauge cluster has a new look with easier-to-read instruments.
FIAT 500X Features
Italian Design & Performance
Expanding on the functionality of the iconic 500, the FIAT 500X adds all-wheel drive performance and potent turbocharged power to help you get out and explore. Its standard 1.3L MultiAir® Turbo engine with fuel-saving Engine Stop-Start Technology provides 177 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque. A standard Dynamic Selector Traction Control System lets you choose from Auto, Sport, and Traction+ Mode for a personalized drive.
Featuring even more dramatic curves and rugged accents, the 500X has a confident yet athletic stance that helps you stand out from the ordinary. A collection of vibrant, expressive exterior shades ranging from Arancio Orange to Italia Blue Pearl help reflect a personality as unique as your own. Redesigned 17- and 18-inch wheels put the finishing touches on an eye-catching ride.
With generous room for up to five and almost endless available seating configurations, the interior of the FIAT 500X offers plenty of space for both cargo and companions. You can even fit large items thanks to a forward fold-flat front passenger seat and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat. Open the available dual-pane power sunroof to let your passengers enjoy some fresh air and sunlight on the way to your destination. Optional heated front seats keep you nice and warm when on chilly mornings. For an even cozier ride, leather-trimmed seats are included standard on the 500X Trekking Plus. Easy-to-reach buttons control key functions of the 500X directly from its sporty steering wheel. Designed at Centro Stile in Turin, Italy – the interior of the FIAT 500X remains quintessentially Italian.
Technology & Safety
You’ll experience cutting-edge connectivity and entertainment from the standard Uconnect® 4 system featuring a full-color 7-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, and Bluetooth® Streaming Audio. Hear your favorite songs the way the artist intended them to be heard with the optional BeatsAudio™ Premium Sound System for a high-definition music experience. With a simple voice command or quick tap on your touchscreen, Uconnect® allows you to easily access the vehicle’s advanced connectivity.
You’ll always have a helping hand when you need it the most thanks to innovative safety features found on the FIAT 500X. A standard ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera shows a wide-angle video image on the Uconnect® touchscreen, letting you back up with confidence. Other optional safety features include Adaptive Cruise Control, LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, and a Blind Spot Monitoring System.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $24,490 MSRP*
- 1.3L MultiAir® Turbo Engine and Nine-Speed Automatic Transmission (AWD) with 177 HP, 210 LB-FT of Torque and up to 30 Highway MPG**
- Heated Power Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signal Indicators
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- Uconnect® 4 featuring a 7-Inch Touchscreen, Apple Carplay® and Android Auto™
- Cloth bucket seats
500X Pop Blue Sky
- Starting at $25,685 MSRP*
- Distinctive Blue Instrument Panel and Blue Patterned Cloth Seats
- Satin Chrome Exterior Accents
- Fog Lamps and Automatic Headlamps
- Dual-Pane Panoramic Power Sunroof
- 17-Inch Aluminum Wheels with Matte Black Accents
- Starting at $25,995 MSRP*
- Automatic bi-function halogen projector headlamps
- Remote Start System
- 17-Inch Aluminum Alloy Wheels
- Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth
- FIAT Dynamic Selector with 3 modes
500X Trekking Urbana
- Starting at $26,890 MSRP*
- Black Castiglio Fabric Seats with a Chevron Design and a Copper and Black 500 Logo
- Miron (Metallic Iron) Painted Mirror Caps, Door and Tailgate Handles, Taillamp Surrounds, Skid Plate and Mopar® Side Moldings
- 18-Inch Two-Tone Matte Black and Miron Wheels with Copper Center Accent
- Bifunctional LED Projector Headlamps and Fog Lamps
- Copper Exterior Accents, Black Exterior Accents and Black Roof Rails
500X Trekking Plus
- Starting at $29,195 MSRP*
- Heated, perforated leather-trimmed seats
- ParkSense Front and Rear Park Assist
- Uconnect 4 NAV with 7-Inch Touchscreen
- Available dual-pane power sunroof
- Dual-zone automatic temperature controls
*MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer.
**Manufacturer-estimated 24 city / 30 highway MPG with 1.3-liter turbocharged engine and nine-speed automatic transmission. Actual mileage may vary.